History of PR Engineering
A brief history…
In 1965, Mr. Paul Grieco acquired the rights to the Birdsboro Buchanan rock crusher and began subcontracting out the manufacturing. Shortly afterwards, P.R. Engineering was born and Mr. Grieco’s two sons, Frank and Joe, joined the company to help add the remanufacturing of rock crushers to a growing list of capabilities. In the late 70s, the business expanded under Frank and Joe’s leadership, and the team settled into a new and spacious facility in Oshawa.
After both Grieco brothers were tragically lost in a plane crash in 2007, Linda, Franks wife, with the help of 50 dedicated team members, stepped in to continue to meet an established influx of business
The stellar reputation of P.R. Engineering has been built upon our:
- Renowned specialization in crushers
- Ability to handle everything from minor to catastrophic equipment failures with quickness and efficiency
- Ability to minimize customer downtime and limit production loss
- Large variety of equipment available to service large crushers and other industrial machinery
- Sought-after Vertical Boring Mill which can turn diameters of up to 209 inches x 14 feet high, making it one of the largest machines in North America
- Highly skilled machinists trained on multiple in-house machines and able to respond immediately and efficiently to emergency jobs
P.R. Engineering has been proudly committed to providing quality service in every interaction since 1965.
Our reputation has been built upon our specialization in crushers, coupled with our ability to handle everything from minor to catastrophic equipment failures with quickness and efficiency. We pride ourselves on our ability to minimize customer downtime and limit production losses.
Today, PR Engineering is outfitted with a variety of equipment to service large crushers and other industrial machinery. These tools include large horizontal boring mills, planer mills and lathes. Our greatest performer in terms of production is our large Vertical Boring Mill, which has the ability to turn large diameters up to 209 inches x 14 feet high, making it one of the largest in North America. This machine’s capabilities is our most highly sought after commodity and it creates a high demand for our service.
Beyond our machinery, at the heart of the company is our highly skilled staff of dedicated employees. Although these people are generally skilled when they are integrated into the company, PR Engineering puts them through additional in-house training. This cross-training gives our employees the flexibility to work more than one machine making them extremely efficient and important to the daily running of our operation and enables the plant to put as many people as required on critical emergency jobs.
At PR Engineering, we proudly stand behind our commitment to service and the quality of our fabrication work.